To simplify the import of persons, we’ve overhauled it, starting with the MEA version 2.53, to be clearer and easier, so that you can work more effectively.
1. You can easily import participants per excel import in the CMS. Navigate to the menu and the tab Persons, choose Profile and then click on Excel Import. You can only import persons in the CMS of a specific event.
2. Alternatively you can also navigate to the menu and select the field Import (Persons).
3. Next choose the field Start new import so you can complete the import step by step.
4.In the next step, you have the possibility to download an Excel template (1) and to define additionally required profile fields by drag&drop via configuration (2). These steps are only necessary if you have not created your own Excel table or require additional profile fields that have not yet been created in the CMS.
By selecting the checkbox don´t she anymore (3) the tile Import Preparation won't pop up anymore.
5. If you have made your choice, you will be able to manage and edit the E-Mail Templates (1) and group visibility (2). These preparations can also be made before the import and you can also skip this step if necessary.
6. By clicking the Start button, the Import Preparations are finished, the next step will start, in which you will set an import name (1) and choose to encrypt (2) the import with a password (3).
7. The Pause button (1) enables you to save the import and continue at a later time.
You are also able to go back a step in the status bar (2), which displays the Progress, to make changes.
By clicking the Next Step button (3) you will proceed, to manage the notification of imported participants.
8. Here you can choose between an automatic e-mail dispatch at the end of the import (1) or an independent e-mail dispatch detached from the import and the CMS completely independent from you via your mail provider (2). You can also choose this option, if you are just updating the data and don’t want to send any e-mails.
9. In the next step you will create usernames. You have the following three options:
(1) The imported e-mail address will also function as a username and can be used to log in
(2) You are importing usernames in a separate column.
(3) Imported persons won’t have an app login (e.g. speakers, moderators, etc.)
10. Clicking on the Next Step button will bring you to the mask to define password creation, which also gives you 3 options to choose from:
(1) Import passwords
(2) Set a universal password, which all users use for their initial log-in. This password is defined in the field Universal Password (4).
(3) Let our system generate passwords.
(5) Choose, if existing passwords should be overwritten or not
(6) Note: You have to make a choice on Overwrite Passwords, so that the next step can begin.
11. In the menu field Import Data you have two options on how you want to proceed:
(1) Upload an Excel file
(2) Copy/paste from an excel file
12. With Upload an Excel file (1) you can upload your data by clicking the field Choose File (2) or per Drag&Drop (3). This procedure is recommended with large amounts of data.
13. With Copy/paste from an Excel file (1) you can paste the information into the data field (2) or put it in manually.
Note: The position of the placeholder is irrelevant. Be careful to only separate data entries with a “tab”. Single groups, tags, etc. can be separated within their tab by a comma.
If you’re done with the data input, click the button Next Step (3).
14. Now you assign the data columns. The column preview will allow you to ignore columns or assign an import tag to the them. The dropdown menu will list all available options (1)
Note: If you want to create a large number of groups, the excel file import is the recommended way. Perform the import in the CMS of your event for the groups to be added to the event.
Please make sure to assign and define passwords per dropdown menu (1), so that the Next Step can follow up. (2)
If you have defined all fields, proceed to the next step. (3)
15. Here all data entries, that have been provided for the import are displayed. You can check the assigned fields again, if you like.
It is possible, that some data is already existing, due to an earlier import. This data needs to be checked and confirmed first (1). A data entry can be directly selected (2). By choosing Check Duplicate (3) an overview will open, which will compare both data entries.
16. In the next step you can choose, whether the data entries belong to the same person or not (1). If it is the same person, the data fields that differ will be highlighted in orange. Click on one of the two fields, to decide which entry should be used for the import. Now Save your data (2).
17. When the data check is finished, click on Next Step, to proceed to the next window, in which you can personalize your e-mail texts.
You could use place holders like First Name and Last Name to individualize your greeting. The system will fill the place holders with the corresponding data.
Note: To proceed you will need to use the place holders for Username (1) and Password (2).
IMPORTANT: If you want to import more than 750 users, there is a higher chance of problems regarding the sending of e-mails. To avoid this, you should split your import.
The button Test Mail (3) will allow you to send a test e-mail to your CMS account.
If you want to make more adjustments, just click on Previous Step (4). To proceed, click on Next Step (5).
18. The following view will summarize all import information. Here you have the ability to download the data in an Excel file, via the Download (1) button. If all data is correct, click on Start Import (2).
19. You will now be asked to confirm the import.
20. After the import is done, a display will show you all imported data entries.
Note: You can check and manage the imported participants after every successful import via the Person List.